Whos keeping an eye on me....

Monday 30 December 2013

Mealy Redpoll

Great news, the Mealy (Common) Redpoll Carduelis flammea have been visiting the garden for three days now and even better news is the numbers have increased to three , a garden record!

Some ropey images here but with a little luck they will stick around long enough to let me get them in some sunshine .... here's hoping.

Mealy Redpoll and Lesser Redpoll

 
2 Mealy Redpoll (1 Partly Hidden) and a Lesser Redpoll
 
 
2 Mealy Redpoll (showing the white rump very well)
 

5 comments:

betty-NZ said...

What great news! Your photos are just wonderful. Happy new year to you and yours.

EG CameraGirl said...

I always look forward to redpolls at my feeders in winter but none here so far!

Rebecca said...

I hope that you see even more! Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Lovely birds. Happy birding 2014!

Gordon said...

Great Set of pics Dave,and thank you for the comments on my blog over last year. Happy New year.
All the best, Gordon.